Benjamin Lagua, Jr.
108 Scarborough Way
Marlboro, NJ 07746
As an IT Director/Software Engineer for a small business insurance company. I handled all IT work including database reports development using Cold Fusion and SQL Server, managing an in-house insurance application, managing multiple Microsoft servers and providing tech support to users. I am self-motivated, independent, reliable, and enjoy helping users meet their objectives. An accomplished Software Engineer with extensive experience in designing, developing, troubleshooting, debugging and modifying software. Collaborates with System Engineers to determine the technical designs and requirements of a service. Designs and models the program/code requirements for an integrated software product or system that supports reuse, change, and integration of various vendor components and/or products and access to legacy systems.
Particular Expertise in:
* Systems Administration
* Database Design
* Web Development
Certification: A+, Network+, i-Net+
Operating System: MVS, VM, UNIX, WINDOWS 9X/NT/2000/XP/2003, DBC, 3600,
Database: SQL SERVER, ORACLE, TERADATA, ACCESS, SYBASE, DB2
Languages: SQL, JCL, CLIST, COMPAREX, SAS, BASIC, COBOL, RAMIS, REXX, RPG, CSS/HTML, DHTML, XML, COLD FUSION, BLUE DRAGON, JAVA SCRIPT, OMEGAMON, CICS, PERL
Software: POP CHART, INTRACAST, BACKWEB, CANDLE, DECmessageQ, VISIO, MS OFFICE SUITE (OUTLOOK, WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT), FRONT PAGE, PUBLISHER, SYNCSORT, CICS, TOAD, CRYSTAL REPORTS, HUMMINGBIRD, FTP, DREAMWEAVER, HOMESITE, FIREWORKS, FLASH, SPF
Quaker Special Risk
IT Director and Software Engineer, Eatontown, NJ 2006-2017
Manage all aspects of IT including development, planning, system design, procurement, support and management for a small business managing general agent insurance company . Manage multiple onsite servers for mail, application, database, website, and files. Communicate with outsourcing company to support insurance application. Support staff of 50 employees including remote users. Revenues doubled from 60 to 120 million during my tenure.
System/Web Administrator/Developer, Middletown, NJ 1997-2006
Performed feasibility assessments, developed requirements, directed new technology development, managed projects, and integrated and tested new technical solutions for new products and services.
* Performed Windows/IIS/Cold Fusion server administration, support, and upgrades.
* Designed and develop a registration process using new web technology after thoroughly researching the available technologies.
* Provided technical skills in resolving difficult problems that came up during development, integration and production.
* Provided communication and documentation for the results of all testing and problems that occurred during implementation.
* Identified improvements that can be gained through technology upgrade by evaluating new software and product upgrades.
Software Certification Engineer, Piscataway, NJ 1995-1997
Performed certification testing for Teradata Platforms running on UNIX, MVS, and VM.
* Provided quality testing and documentation using Microsoft help compiler that made it easier to access system methods and procedures.
* Collaborated with vendors in resolving problems encountered and documented the procedures for future availability.
* Exercised flexibility in working with projects that were constantly changing and using new technologies
Software Installer, Orlando, FL 1991-1995
Installed software and provided production support on 3600 Systems and Teradata database computers performing all functions relevant to pre-install, installation, and post-install support.
* Reduced cost by assisting another group thus providing savings for the company by not adding an additional head count.
* Improved product quality by participating in the Teradata standardization team.
Provided technical support to the customers critical to the district's centralization.
Software Support, Piscataway, NJ 1989-1991
Supported application groups in capacity planning and resource utilization.
* Project managed database system installations with the vendor, support and application groups resulting in an orderly upgrade of systems.
* Analyzed, planned & implemented new tracking procedures for error and system performances. Automated and documented procedures to track database machine maintenance.
ADDITIONAL PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
As a System Test Project Leader, supervised & delegated team of 8 programmers by helping them develop and reach new skill levels through cross training. Administered & maintained system test database. Developed methods & procedures with a systematic approach that improved the quality of testing. As an Application Developer, analyzed, reviewed, and wrote several programs, using workflow chart and diagram. Provided several training classes to users to introduce a new system, which resulted in significant ease in deploying the system.
Arthur McNeil Institute, Rahway, NJ
NETWORK SYSTEMS SPECIALIST
De La Salle University, Manila, Philippines
Control Data Institute, Atlanta, GA
CERTIFICATE IN PROGRAMMING & OPERATIONS